Coalition prEUgovor consists of seven civil society organizations from Serbia with expertise in various policies under chapters 23 and 24 of the European Union accession negotiations.
Mission of the prEUgovor is to oversee the implementation of policies in the field of judiciary and fundamental rights (Chapter 23) and Justice, freedom and security (Chapter 24) and propose measures to improve the reforms, using the process of EU integration to achieve substantial progress in the further democratization of Serbia.
Civil society organizations gethered in May 2013 in coalition prEUgovor based on the expertise in specific areas covered by chapters 23 and 24.
Coalition prEUgovor was formed from the need for the synergy of potential and knowledge of these CSOs in order to achieve faster, more efficient and successful implementation of EU values and standards in Serbia.
Main product of the prEUgovor is a semi-annual independent report on the progress of Serbia in chapters 23 and 24. In addition, prEUgovor publishes rEUformator - specialized monthly bulletin dedicated to the events in Serbia and the EU in the areas covered by chapters 23 and 24.
Members of the prEUgovor are:
ASTRA - Anti trafficking Action
Autonomus Women's Center (AWC)
Belgrade Centre for Security Policy (BCSP)
Center for Applied European Studies (CAES)
Center for Investigative Reporting in Serbia (CIRS)
Transparency Serbia (TS)
Coalition prEUgovor will, in accordance with its mission, objectives and areas of expertise of each member organization, carry out the following activities during the period of negotiations between Serbia and EU:
1) Develop methodology, criteria, indicators and techniques for monitoring policies and processes within chapters 23 and 24;
2) Formulate recommendations and monitor the progress of the negotiations using a common methodology and format of the report in the areas of Chapter 23 and 24;
3) Work towards achieving elementary preconditions for participation prEUgovor coalition and other civil society organizations (CSOs) in the process of European integration, which is determined by negotiations between Serbia for EU membership;
4) To offer specific proposals for amendments to the law in the field which coveres chapters 23 and 24, and monitor the implementation of the newly adopted legislation;
5) Ensure the autentic sources of information in the process of Serbia's accession to the EU;
6) Conduct advocacy activities, present the findings of the analysis and recommendations, ask for support of key stakeholders and inform the public about the negative consequences of the lack of inclusion of NGOs in the negotiation process;
7) Define and implement a communication strategy both within the coalition and in communication with other actors in Serbia and the EU;
8) Improve knowledge of coalition members of the EU accession process, content of negotiation chapters and ways of representation of views and recommendations of the coalition.
In setting the criteria for the evaluation of harmonization of the social, economic, political and legal space of Serbia to the European standards and norms, coalition prEUgovor will be guided by European values and standards contained in the Acquis communautaire.