Coalition prEUgovor presents the third independent assessment of institutional effectiveness at implementing policies within Chapters 23 and 24 - "The Institutional Barometer 3.0", on 20 April at 11 AM in Hotel Metropol Palace Belgrade.
The Institutional Barometer 3.0 analyses five selected institutions with competencies in the areas covered by chapters 23 and 24 to measure the effects of reforms on their functioning. These are as follows: Agency for Prevention of Corruption, Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection, Internal Control Sector of the Ministry of Interior, Commissariat for Refugees and Migrations and Centre for Human Trafficking Victims’ Protection.
The work of institutions that have competence in the areas from chapters 23 and 24 was analysed by applying a unique methodology for assessing the effectiveness of three dimensions of institutional functioning: internal efficiency, institutional embedment and legitimacy of the institution.
This is the third edition of the Institutional Barometer and represents a pioneering attempt by the prEUgovor coalition to monitor the measurable effects of reforms in the European integration process of the Republic of Serbia on the ground. At the conference, the authors will present the research results and discuss them with representatives of the analysed institutions.
Please confirm participation by Wednesday, 19 April, via this LINK.
Translation to English will be provided.
11:00 - 11:20 Introductory remarks
- Gerhard Salzer, EU Delegation to Serbia
- Dušan Šabić, editor of Institutional Barometer 3.0
- Ivan Radojević, editor of Local Institutional Barometer
11:30 - 12:30 Chapter 23: Fighting Corruption and Protecting Fundamental Rights
- Zlata Đorđević, Transparency Serbia
- Dušan Šabić, Centre for Applied European Studies
- Natalija Ćetković, Office of the Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection
- Lela Rudić, Office of the Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection
Jelena Pejić Nikić, prEUgovor coordinator, Belgrade Centre for Security Policy
13:00 - 14:30 Chapter 24: Home affairs
- Gordana Grujičić, Group 484
- Jasmina Krunić & Kristina Topić, ASTRA - Anti-Trafficking Action
- Miloš Jovanović, Belgrade Centre for Security Policy
- Jelena Šurlan, Commissariat for Refugees and Migrations
- Aleksandra Ljubojević, Centre for Human Trafficking Victims’ Protection
- Zdravko Stojov, Internal Control Sector of the Ministry of Interior
Bojan Elek, Belgrade Centre for Security Policy